Dental crowns fix damaged teeth. They work to restore and protect the entire visible portion of your tooth, and give you back a beautiful and fully functional smile.
We use a restorative dental crown, or cap, for a number of purposes. One of the most common uses is restoring a tooth that is significantly damaged or decayed. Crowns fit over the entire tooth, starting at the gum line, to restore the tooth to its original shape and size. Dental crowns come in gold, porcelain or porcelain fused to metal. Porcelain crowns are popular because they match the natural color and appearance of your teeth. We will help you determine which type of dental crown is right for your smile.
Sometimes a tooth is damaged to the point where a filling can’t successfully restore it. A crown is especially helpful in this situation. Crowns are also used for a number of other restorative and aesthetic purposes, including:
- Protecting a tooth following root canal treatment
- Anchoring and attaching a dental bridge
- Covering and completing a dental implant
- Enhancing the beauty of your smile
- Improving a misshapen tooth
- Strengthening a fractured or weakened tooth
- Supporting a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains
To find out whether a dental crown is right for you, contact us at 435-986-9799 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Derek Evans and learn more about dental crowns in St. George, Utah.