There is a lot of debate in the media and online about what ingredients you want and don’t want to see in your toothpaste. We are here to busy myths, reassert truths, and tell you what to look for on your toothpaste ingredients list!
What You Don’t Want to See In Your Toothpaste
- Triclosan (pesticide and hormone disruptor)
- Artificially dyes (coloring toothpaste is unnecessary and only acts to add that color to your teeth)
- Glycerin (acts as a soap to strip the mouth of its natural oral mucosa)
What You Do Want to See In Your Toothpaste
- Coconut oil (helps promote a healthy microbiome in your gut, naturally prevents candida in the mouth, and some reports have shown decreases in bad breath)
- Xylitol (fights cavity-causing bacteria in the mouth)
- Baking soda (a healthy mouth is more alkaline than acidic, because we acidic food and drink acidic drinks, a toothpaste that contains baking soda can help reduce the acid density in the mouth)
There are many toothpastes on the market they may claim to be the best for your teeth, or the #1 chosen brand. For you and your personal journey with your dental health, it is important that you speak with your dentist about the toothpaste needs you have, what formula is best for you teeth, and what other tips or tricks they may have for you when it comes to effectively protecting your mouth. Contact Gentle Dentistry today and we can help you find more ways to keep your mouth healthy.
Leave A Comment